Zugara’s Augmented Reality Patent for Virtual Dressing Room technology was recently selected by the U.S. Patent Office for the Smithsonian Innovation Festival. Zugara’s patent was 1 of 13 patents selected for the festival and we showcased our patented WSS for Kiosks technology with both 2D and 3D functionality. More information on the festival is located here.
During the festival, museum visitors were able to demo Zugara’s WSS for Kiosks software with Kinect 2. The latest innovative features of WSS for Kiosks on display included:
- 2D and 3D items for virtual try on within virtual background environments all running at over 30 FPS
- Optimized virtual background functionality with ability to add any virtual background to any virtual item from our admin
- 2D engine that auto scales and sizes the 2D asset to the individual’s body
- 3D engine that allows for 3D asset placement, scaling and rotation tracking to the individual’s motion, position and/or orientation in the live video view
- Dynamic user interface that auto adjusts virtual navigation icons to individual’s position in live video view
A few images of museum visitors using WSS for Kiosks technology are shown in the gallery below and we’ll be adding additional videos and images to this blog post over the next few days.
Zugara has additional patents pending for Augmented Reality technology specific to retail and we’ll be releasing new prototypes based on our patents over the next few months. In the interim, you can keep up to date on the latest launches of Zugara’s Virtual Dressing Room tech here and Zugara’s Kinect and mobile AR projects here.